May 2, 2009

Work place crap...

Many might be astonished or frown upon the caption ..but thats how i am feeling at my current place of work. Some might even say that I am lucky enough to have a job.

But I say I would have been be better off with out a job like this. And the problem is got to do nothing with the people with whom I work with. Its the people who come to the workplace.

OK .I know Im confusing everybody here. So let me give a brief background about my job. I am working in a Nationalized Bank. Yes I know I have nothing to complain about. But the truth is since it is a nationalized bank, all sort of people come to the bank. Rich and poor(middle class toowho are in small no.), Arrogant, hot headed, egoistic,and down to earth, literate, semi-literate(ya that exists too!!) illiterate people.

Category 1 : Rich , arrogant,egoistic, semi literate(or semi illiterate??) illiterate

Category 2 : Middle class , arrogant,egoistic, semi literate, illiterate

Category 3 : Rich, down-to-earth, literate(so no other handicap) - not many such people


So whats the problem? The people who come to the bank( most of them) belong to category 1 & 2 . Very dangerous people. Impossible to satisfy them. They don't care what work you are doing. They have to be ' served' first. Even if you are attending to other customers.

For them money speaks. They look at people as though the bank employees are a piece of rag. Ive been to banks as a customer. Ive not treated any one like that.

Had an exchange of heated words with one of the above described people. I almost threw the cheque at him. Had an itching of throwing it into the face. Well didn't do that. I regret that.

I know that the organizations want that customer service to be excellent and all that crap. But how far can one push in the name of customer service ? If the mistake is at our end, ok we accept and take the blame. But what if its from the other end? Who is going to listen to us?

Customer cant always be the king. Nor can the management dictate for a long time. This is where attrition starts. One might say this is not the time to say all this because of the market condition. Sometimes the frustration becomes so much that one start thinking that one is better of not having a job.....

I know a lot of people disagree with me....

No comments: